Wednesday 20 April 2011

Time to go

Today was my last day in the Diocesan Office as I prepare to take up my new role back in parish ministry. I haven’t been very successful at clearing up my desk so will have to return to pack books and other odds and ends after Easter. Highlight of the day waOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         s a leaving lunch in the Cathedral Chapter house where I was joined by nearly a hundred friends and colleagues from around the diocese who I’ve been privileged to work with over the last ten years. It was great to catch up with people and to say thank you for their encouragement and support for lay education and training. I’m particularly grateful to my administrator Liz Watson who worked so hard to put the lunch together and to Canon Dr Roger Matthews and Bishop Stephen Cottrell who spoke at the lunch.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         Along with the very enjoyable food and drink were some great surprises in the form of gifts for both the family and me and a card with many lovely messages. The gifts included a bottle of champagne (for Easter), a copy of Sir Alex Ferguson’s autobiography with a message from the great man and a cheque for an iPad 2!

So a moving day in many ways. I thank God for the partnership in the Gospel with so many across the diocese and look forward to it continuing in new ways in the future.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
leaving 4

3 comments:

Alice Smith said...

All the best Phil in your new role - many happy times ahead as you leave happy times behind. Hope the move goes well...see you around and let me know if I can help at all once you're settled in!
Blessings x

Archdruid Eileen said...

God bless, Phil.

You're lucky the message wasn't "that was clearly a penalty. A shocking decision..."

Philip Ritchie said...

Thanks Alice, I'm sure we will be seeing plenty of each other.

Eileen, Thanks for the blessing. Regarding the quote, it was from Alex Ferguson not Alan Hansen.