Wednesday 10 October 2012

Little Britain comes to Woodham Ferrers

This is one of the most imaginative approaches to advertising for a vicar I've come across. Normally a church will produce a parish profile; a large document full of facts and figures, job description and person specification. To be honest many parish profiles should be filed under the fiction section of the local library. The only way to get a feel for a parish, the church and its people is to go there. Woodham Ferrers and Bickenacre is a parish in the same deanery where I serve. Here the church has taken a different approach and I think it will pay dividends. Initial reaction to the video has been very favourable and I hope and pray they find the right person to come and share with them in ministry and mission. This is a great example of what can be done using the resources of social media and some enthusiastic participants.


2 comments:

Naomi said...

Brilliant, if I'm ever in that neck of the woods I'll go to your church!

Alan said...

Wonderful stuff, Phil! I will get this around a bit. It gives a much better idea of the place and the people than many an attempt I've seen — congratulations all round!