Thursday 25 September 2008

that's why I love football - the Carling Cup

I trust my Manchester City mates were up Brighton early this morning. In one of those astonishing nights that the Carling Cup frequently throws up, Man City the richest football club in the world (probably as Carling would say) were dumped out of the tournament by humble Brighton of the first division after extra time and penalties. 'Middle Eastlands' as City's ground is now known, because of their wealthy new owners the Abu Dhabi United Group, will be a quiet place this morning.

I do feel a touch of sympathy as Sparky (Mark Hughes) City's manager was a great servant of Manchester Utd but then I remember this quote from Noel Gallagher (Oasis):
'It'll be nice to know that every gallon of petrol a Manchester Utd fan buys is going into our transfer kitty.'

Brighton 2 Manchester City 2, Brighton win 5 -3 on penalties.
That's why I love football!

No comments: