Sunday, 5 April 2015

Peter's Song

Peter’s Song

​“Upside down you’re turning me
​You’re giving love instinctively”
​A paradox, contrary thing,
​lion/lamb, servant/King
​My King, our King, their King
​Breaking
​Breaking down before our eyes
​Beaten, abandoned and despised
​Can’t take any more
​I’m finished, I’m done
​Can’t feel the heat anymore from the Son
​‘It is finished’ – even you said that
​Just dropped your head
​No fight, just dead.
​And yet…

​Something niggles at the back of my mind
​Those looks you gave, like I was blind
​Hurt, disappointed but not unkind.
​When the women came and said what they’d seen
​I had to be sure and now I’m running
​Rushing wind through sleeping streets​
​Exhilaration in my feet
​“Choose life…
​Choose a future”
​A different beat.
​
​Something’s happened I can’t explain
​But nothing will ever be the same.
​I’m seeing things from the other side
​Love survived. It’s death that died.

​“Upside down you’re turning me”
​Quite literally, upside…down.
​
​Kate Ritchie

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
mirriam ndunge said...

great.