Friday 17 October 2014

Chris Evans I salute you.

I've always had a bit of a love/hate relationship when it comes to Chris Evans going back to his TFI Friday days but lately that's been changing. Evans hosts the BBC Radio 2 Breakfast Show and regularly features Bishop Nick Baines on Pause for Thought. Nick has the great knack of being able to incorporate references to other guests on the show as he shares his PfT and I detect genuine respect from Chris for Nick's reflections. I hope that Nick's increased episcopal responsibilities don't curtail his contributions to the show. Anyway, the clincher came yesterday morning when Kate came home having dropped my daughter off at school and said Evans had just played a Led Zeppelin track which went on and on. So I went on-line and via Listen Again just after 8am there it was, 7.08 minutes of When The Levee Breaks in all its bone crunching, ear splitting, glorious majesty. And to top it all I then discover that Evans has Jimmy Page on this morning's show. Chris Evans I salute you.


No comments: